Dollar Store Christmas Craft – Holiday Mugs
It is day 5 of the 12 Days Of Christmas Blog Hop. I am so happy your are joining today because this one of my favorite crafts. This is my Dollar Store Christmas Craft and I love it. You can add anything to these dollar store mugs. These are decorated for the holidays but depending on what you add to them they are great gifts throughout the year.
Welcome to the third annual 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop!
Stop by every day from December first through the twelfth for new ideas you can use to make your season brighter!
Meet Your Hosts
They have all been busy as Elves creating, decorating, cooking and crafting tons of new ideas for you to try this holiday season!
Dollar Store Christmas Craft
Here what you need to make these fun holiday mugs. I am including some affiliate links for your convenience. You can see my full disclosure here.
Materials List for Dollar Store Christmas Crafts
Oil Base Markers – I have a combination of Sharpie and DecoArt and both work great
Alcohol – if needed to wipe off and start again
Let’s Get Started
- First wash and dry the cups. Then get out the oil based markers, the alcohol and the cotton balls and q-tips.
- Shake up the markers. Start at the bottom of the mug, using the black marker and draw the string for the lights! I like to draw and swirl all the way around and up til you get about 1/2 inch from the top. Keep the design away from the top of the mug for drinking.
- Using different colored markers make little oval shapes for the bulb in random places on the string. Continue this until all the colors you want have been used.
- Then it is time to bake them. I have explained this in other posts such as my Patriotic Glasses but it is easy. Place them on a baking sheet in a cold oven. Turn the oven to 250 degrees and set your timer for 2 hours. When the time is up, turn off the oven and wait until it is completely cool to remove them.
- Be sure to hand wash.
- Fill them with with fun things. This time I used a cello bag, a Starbucks coffee packet and a gingerbread biscotti. Who wouldn’t love that?
Well, that is my project for today. I hope you will be sure to visit the other blogs on the hop!
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Be sure to visit our fellow 12 Days of Christmas Bloggers below for even more creative ideas this holiday season!